Yoga is a lot of spiritual skills and practice that join your mind, body, and spirit to achieve illumination. When you are new to Yoga, it is difficult to know exactly where to start. No matter you are young, old, overweight or fit, yoga has the potential to peace, and strengthen the body. The regular practice of Yoga is extensive.
Regular based Yoga exercises give you the opportunity to survey your entire body and also keep your back and joints healthy. Generally, a complete Yoga exercise strengthens muscles and improves body balance.
If you do it correctly, it is the best workout for weight loss.
Yoga is accessible to everyone.
Some tips that help you to get started:
- A comfortable place for Yoga practice
- Yoga accessories
- Fix one time for each day
- Practice regularly
- Relax your mind
- Find a good instructor
- Wear comfortable clothes
Yoga is right for you or not?
If you are injured or suffering from any medical conditions, it can be dangerous or challenging. If you are recently recovering from any injury or have poor health, you need to consult with a qualified health care professional before starting Yoga. You can easily start Yoga exercise with a bit of proper planning.
Yoga for beginners – Essential 8 poses
1: Downward facing dog/ Adho Mukha Svanasana:
From downward-facing dog posture, the body is in the shape of “V”. It stretches your hips, strengthens your arms and legs. This is a grounding pose in which your heart is above the head.
It opens your chest and shoulders.
Benefits of Downward facing dog Pose:
- This pose will help you to relieve stress and energizes your body.
- Relieve from mild depression.
- Helps to prevent osteoporosis and relieve menstrual discomfort.
- Bring blood towards the brain.
- Tones the core and waist
2: Cat-Cow Pose/ Chakravakasana
This is a simple but great pose – beneficial for beginners. No pain and very little discomfort (if anyone faces) when performed.
Cow pose: Inhale when you deflate your belly towards the cushion.
Lift your chin and chest upward.Cat pose: when you exhale, pull your abdomen towards the backbone, and then tilt your backbone upward.The posture looks like a cat.Repeat both poses 5-20 times.
Benefits of Cat-Cow Pose:
- This poses will help you to increases coordination.
- Calm your mind.
- Beneficial for those with back pain.
- Helps to improve posture and balance.
- Stimulates organs i-e kidney and adrenal gland
3: Plough Pose/ Halasana
In Plough pose, legs come over the head. keep in mind the cervical vertebrae lifted by tilting the chin up and keeping the shoulder blades close together.
Plough Pose is not for beginners – your body needs a sufficient flexibility to do this Yoga Pose.
Who should not try this pose?
Injured person, weak legs, weak cervical muscles, or calf muscles.
Women during menstruation or pregnant women also avoid this pose.
People who are facing medical conditions i-e thyroid, spleen, and liver enlargement should avoid this yoga pose.
Benefits of Plough Pose:
- Refines body flexibility.
- Calm your mind.
- Help to reduces stress and fatigue
- Relaxes the nerves, brain, and heart
- Therapeutic for headache, infertility and back pain, etc
4: Thunderbolt Pose/ Vajrasana
Thunderbolt Pose is a simple sitting Yoga pose. In this pose, you kneel and then sit back on your legs. This pose helps your body to become as strong as a diamond.
One of the best poses for concentration and mediations.
Benefits of thunderbolt pose:
- Aiding in digestion
- Preventing constipation
- Improves posture and tones the pelvic muscles
- Relieve knee pain
- Helping in keep the mind stable
- Reduce obesity
5: Mountain pose/ Tadasana
Mountain pose is a standing pose. It can be done by itself to improve body posture. Stand with your heels slightly apart and hang your arms next to your torso. You have to aware of every part of your body, you will not stand in any old way.
Benefits of Mountain pose:
- Help to reduce back pain
- Maintain body posture
- Strengthen thighs, knees, and ankles
- Enhance concentration
- Weight loss by shedding extra fat
6: Chair pose/ Kursiasana
Stand straight, raise your hand don’t bend your elbow. This pose works for the muscles of the arms and legs. Stay at this pose for 30 seconds to a minute.
Benefits of chair pose:
- This pose will help you to strengthen your hips, back, and ankles.
- Stimulates the heart, abdominal organs, and diaphragms
- Improve breathing
- Develop core strength
- Improve body balance
7: Cobra Pose/ Bhujangasana
Lie on the ground with your feet close together with your toes flat. Place your hands down under your shoulders on the mat, raise your waist, raise your head, and inhale at the same time. Hold this pose from 15 to 30 seconds.
Benefits of cobra pose:
- This pose will help you to increase flexibility
- Elevate your mood
- Help to improve menstrual irregularities
- This snake pose will help you to provide a good extension to your back
- Also, relieve constipation
8: Boat Pose/ Naukasana
Boat pose will help you to strengthen your shoulders and upper back tightens the abdominal muscles.Start in the seated position with your knees bent.Straightens your legs to a 45-degree angle.Stay at this pose at least 5 breaths.
Who should not try this pose?
People who are suffering from headaches, asthma, low blood pressure, diarrhea, or pregnant women should not try this pose.
- Strengthens your abdominal muscles
- Improve digestion
- Helpful to strengthen your spines.
- Help to stimulate body organs i-e kidney, intestine, thyroid gland, and prostate gland.
- Enhance blood circulations
- Relieve body and mind from stress
- Balance hormones system
Overall disadvantages of Yoga poses:
- Serious injuries may happen during this workout.
- For beginners it is painful.
- 21% of injuries made by Yoga practices.
- It may cause joint injury.
- Avoid untrained instructors.
Important Note for yoga beginners:
Yoga itself has many different purposes. Some poses are for deep spiritual practice, some for relaxation and mediation, and some for fitness programs. For starting Yoga you don’t need flexibility or shape, this practice is physically, emotionally, and mentally challenging.